Shared GIS architecture (STIF – 2014/2016)
Implementation of a shared GIS architecture for managing spatial data and dissemination of mapping services for the STIF (Syndicat des Transports d’Ile-de-France).
STIF (Syndicat des Transports d’Ile-de-France) organizes and finances public transport (train, RER, subway, bus) for all Parisians (~8 Md€ annual budget) over Ile-de-France region and the City of Paris.
To carry out all its missions, STIF services generate, use and disseminate various geographic information for internal use (analysis and representation of the Ile de France territory, the transport network and user mobility) and external use – mainly travellers – through the website vianavigo.com and publication of regional maps.
This 2 years project is divided into 4 phases:
- Definition and implementation of the system and data migration,
- Development of cartographic services,
- Implementation of a web application for map searching,
- Implementation of a web application for map publication.
The “map publication” web application (for internal use) gives access to all available business data in the centralized database. This application offers classic drawing, measurement, and printing tools and some more specific functions like :
- Calculation of vehicle and pedestrian routes,
- Dynamic display of StreetView interface.
The “map searching” web application is based on full-text search engine to retrieve all data (pdf files, raster, vector) existing within the Geographic Information System of the STIF.
Magellium is the prime contractor assisted by ESRI France (sub-contractor). The technical architecture is built on ESRI ArcGIS 10.1. The main technologies used for the development are:
- ArcGIS for server 10.1 « Standard »,
- ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1,
- Geoportal for ESRI,
- ETL FME,
- API Flex and FlexViewer d’ESRI,
- Full-text search engine SolR.
Background maps and plan are produced using Cached Map Service of ESRI and using data sources : Ortho 2008 & 2012, IGN Scan 25, MOS (landcover) and Vianavigo.